Happy Friday folks!
Chris & Amanda here from TapShack! Drum roll please……….We are starting a new blog series “TapShack Tourista Guide” where we share some of our favorite spots in SD!!! Even if you live in San Diego, we hope to share some cool spots with you that you may have never tried before! This weeks sub-series is: Our favorite VEGAN places to mac. Sometimes it is nice to hear first-hand recommendations aside from the usual restaurant rating sites. *We are not foodies or food bloggers or reviewers, just looking to share some positive expereinces*
Here are our personal Favs- Enjoy!
-Restaurant Directory located at the bottom-
VEGAN “Fast-Food” Joints:
- Native Foods– Absolutely adore this spot! Chris and I agree that their Chicken & Waffles is one of our all-time favorite dishes. They also have a huge menu with burgers/ sandwiches/ salads/ etc.
- Plant Power– This place conveniently located right next door to us. Our favorite orders from PP have been their chili-cheese fries, corn dogs, Big Zac (instead of Mac, get it? :)), and Crispy Chicken Sandwich! Especially on a cold day, highly recommend their chill! It is DELISH.
VEGAN Cocktail Bar//Restaurant
- Kindred- The ambiance at this spot is unlike any other- eccentric, outlandish, all around badass. The food and cocktails are even better! Our go-to is their Hearts of Palm tacos or flatbread and fried pickles. Have not had anything that we don’t like from here and highly recommend for both the food and the experience!
VEGAN Thai Joints:
- Grains– Stumbled upon this hidden gem via Yelp! We have enjoyed every single dish we’ve eaten here. They have a great draft beer selection, however I just can’t deny a delicious cold Thai Tea! We ordered their “Wings”, “Calamari”, “Fries”, and Bahn Mi Sandwich. Everything was super YUM!
- Plumeria– Not going to lie, the only thing i have ever had here is their “Orange Chicken”, but it was so phenom that clearly i cannot ever seem to order anything else haha super bomb!
VEGAN Vietnamese Joint:
- Purple Mint– another Vegan oasis! Love their “steak” dishes, crispy spring rolls and Bahn Mi Sandwiches. Their decor is on point as well! Great date spot 🙂
Peoples Organic Food Market– I could truly go on and on about this place- so unique, so conscious, so delicious! We frequent their cafe located on the second story. You can order food to go or to eat there! Everything is house-made with ingredients from the grocery store. This is a Co-op so with only $15 a year, you can get huge discounts on their food selection. I have yet to try something there that I am not a fan of! Its definitely an experience worth trying out.
There are still tons of places we have yet to try out! If you have any additional recommendations, please share with us! We would love to try some new things!
Native Foods: 3369 Rosecrans St San Diego CA 92110
Plant Power: 2204 Sunset Cliffs Blvd San Diego CA 92107
Kindred: 1503 30th St San Diego CA 92102
Grains: 2201 Adams Avenue San Diego CA 92116
Plumeria: 4461 Park Blvd San Diego CA 92116
Purple Mint: 6171 Mission Gorge Road San Diego CA 92120
Peoples: 4765 Voltaire St San Diego CA 92107